If you are a data wizard who wants to be part of an agile and entrepreneurial workplace, keep on reading. QVARTZ Analytics is a knowledge hub of 30 specialists within advanced analytics and digital solutions. We recently merged with advanced analytics consultancy BusinessMinds and from our offices in Copenhagen, Manila and Sydney, we help clients drive more business value by providing new business insights through advanced data analysis. Right now, we are looking for a talented Data Scientist to join our Manila office.
As a Data Scientist at QVARTZ Analytics, your primary task will be to produce and implement innovative data and AI solutions. You will manage and transform large data sets in a form that is ready to capture business trends (visualization) and apply complex algorithms. Moreover, you will apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, predictive modeling, programming and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities and produce AI engines to influence business outcome.
You will based in Manila, working in our Implementation Practice (development, production implementation & support, system requirements gathering) and Solution Build (prototyping, build and packaging of data/analytics solutions, iterating AI programs), where you will:
- Provide strategies and develop project implementation details, including analytical base table structures, feature engineering, modeling approach, test/train strategies, accurate model measurements and model management.
- Develop, create and prepare data marts for analytics use cases
- Demonstrate and deliver rapid prototypes as well as end-to-end fully tested mature data pipeline processes
- Develop and institutionalize data-driven analytics
- Collaborate with technical users & senior customer stakeholders to define data science requirements, establish business rules to be applied and show business value of data outputs
- Support implementation projects & solution builds for Philippines, Denmark, and Australia (on site or remote)
You hold a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math Engineering or the like, combined with at least 4 years of experience within data & analytics (data mining, predictive analytics, machine learning, business intelligence, data management). Preferably, you also have a couple of years of hands-on experience with statistical or predictive modelling. You possess excellent communcation and presentation skills and know how to translate outcomes into business value. Moreover, you:
- Are comfortable working with large, complex data sets from varying sources (e.g., transactional & enterprise data, unstructured data sets, internet/public data or data science research).
- Have programming and practical experience within either statistical or data science computing languages (Python, R, SAS), or data engineering or data integration/consolidation ( ETL tools or programming)
Ideally, you also have experience within big data / machine learning technologies, tools such as Spark, Scala, HDFS (Cloudera, MapR), Redshift, NoSQL, etc.) as well as subject domains (customer or product analytics, digital apps, web analytics, location analytics, fraud, and others), but it is not a requirement.
If you are passionate about data and want to be part of a fast growing and entrepreneurial company, this job is for you. If you have any questions about the job or the recruitment process, please reach out to Scania Wong.